The JCU Bookshop will better any price obtainable at other bookshops in Townsville and Cairns for any textbook currently required or recommended for study of a James Cook University subject, provided:
- The client is entitled to discount at the JCU Bookshop
- The price is currently available at a bona fide bookshop open to the public in the Townsville or Cairns region
- That we can verify the price as a current price and that stock is available for purchase at that bookshop
- That a cheaper price is not a member's only price, eg. bookclubs, co-op bookshops
- The cheaper price is for a new book and for the identical edition and binding as we hold
- That the price comparisons do not include mail costs.
The JCU Bookshop will gladly source any publication currently in print that we do not have in stock.
Please note the following:
- All surcharges and freight costs involved in sourcing goods on client's behalf will be passed on.
- Price and delivery time given are the best information we have to hand. They are however subject to change.
- A Security Deposit is required before the goods are ordered. The value of the Security Deposit is 50% of the estimated R.R.P. with a minimum of $10.00.
- Upon receipt of goods notification will be made by mail.
- Goods will be held for a period of 12 weeks. After this time, costs incurred in sourcing goods will be redeemed from the Security Deposit as per the Trade Practices Act.
- The client may elect to cancel the order at any time, as long as goods are not in transit and our distributor allows us to cancel our order.
James Cook University Bookshop is collecting the information on this website to carry out its functions under the James Cook University Act 1997. The University may disclose some, or all of this information to appropriate agencies if required, including to the Commonwealth Department of Education, Science and Training, the Australian Taxation Office, etc. For more information, the University’s Privacy Plan is available at http://www.jcu.edu.au/top/JCUPRD_013722
PROOF OF PURCHASE IS REQUIRED FOR ALL RETURNS
No Fault Returns
- Faulty goods
- Goods sold under false pretences
- Goods that do not match sample shown
General Book Returns
A JCU Bookshop credit note or exchange will be offered for return of general books, provided goods are in mint condition and returned within 14 days.
Special Order Returns
Special orders are sold on a firm sale basis.
Provided the stock is in mint condition, a cash refund will be given up to the HECS cut off date* for texts purchased for the current semester's studies, after which time returns will no longer be accepted.
A cash refund will be given on software provided the package is returned UNOPENED within 14 days.
Computer Hardware Returns
Hardware is sold on a firm sale basis.